Banana and pistachio frozen yoghurt is a great way to enjoy a few leftover bananas. Deliciously light frozen yoghurt with a salty crunch from the pistachios. What better way to cool off this summer then with some icy goodness.
This dish was inspired by our trip to Turkey where we enjoyed some stunning baklava with a banana ice cream. As you can probably tell, I couldn’t stop eating it. This was because of the pistachio with the banana that had my mouth watering. This was a fantastic combination which inspired this dessert. For more banana sweet treats, try these super tasty banana and honey cream, chocolate cupcakes.
This recipe is quick and easy as it’s just 3 ingredients. Cutting the bananas into slices helps speed up the freeze time which means you can enjoy frozen yoghurt on the same day! Perfectly sweet with a little bit of agave, maple syrup of honey which works well with a touch of salt. Scroll down to see the recipe on how to make this delicious banana and pistachio frozen yoghurt.
Banana and pistachio frozen yoghurt
- 2 large bananas
- 2 heaped tsp yoghurt or soy alternative
- 1 tbsp agave syrup honey or maple as an alternative
- 50 g salted pistachios
- Cut the bananas into half centimetre slices and lay out onto a tray with baking parchment and then cover. Freeze for around 2 hours.
- cut the bananas into half centimetre slices and add to a baking tray lined with parchment. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Add to a blender with the yoghurt and sweetener and blitz into a smooth ice cream consistency.
- Either serve straight away or add to a tub and put in the freezer. Leave for around 10 minutes before serving from the freezer.
- Serve with pistachios on top.